Breakfast is an important meal of the day, but it can be one that is easily forgotten as we're rushing to get ready for the day or have little ones who need our attention. This oatmeal is delicious and is simple to whip together when your morning is a little hectic. Plus, it's perfect for this time of year with the apple and pumpkin.... need I say more!?
1 organic apple, sliced into thin, bite-sized pieces
1 ripe banana
1 cup old-fashioned rolled or quick oats (bonus for sprouted, I use these)
1 teaspoon aluminum free baking powder
Pinch of salt
¼ cup organic pumpkin puree
2 pasture raised eggs
½ cup almond or other plant-based milk (I used coconut milk made by my favorite little machine!)
3 tablespoons maple syrup or honey
4–6 drops Cinnamon Bark Vitality, to taste*
*You might also try experimenting with Cardamom Vitality, Nutmeg Vitality, or Clove Vitality for added complexity.
1. Preheat oven to 350° F.
2. Cut apples into thin, bite-sized slices and set aside. For an added boost of flavor, sprinkle ½ teaspoon of cinnamon on the apple slices and toss to incorporate.
3. Place banana, oats, baking powder, salt, pumpkin puree, eggs, milk, maple syrup, and Cinnamon Vitality into a blender and blend until smooth (about 1 minute).
4. Add apple slices into the batter and fold through with a spoon or silicone spatula to incorporate.
5. Grease oven-safe ramekins or other small, oven-safe dishes with cooking oil.
6. Pour the blended batter into the dishes, about ¾ full to leave room for it to expand.
If you aren’t in the mood to wait for this decadent treat, place your ramekin in the microwave for 2–3 minutes until the mixture is fully cooked.
Allow it to cool for 1–2 minutes before serving. Top with maple syrup or nut butter and an extra sprinkle of cinnamon and enjoy!