There's something about pumpkin that just gives me all cozy and warm vibes and why I want to eat it as much as I can haha. While pumpkin pie is delicious, these bars are a perfect rendition to have a little treat! If pumpkin is your thing, you won't be disappointed.
- 1 cup gluten free oats
- 1 1/2 cup of almond flour
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp + 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 4-5 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 2 3/4 cups pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup unsweetened plain almond milk
- 2 1/2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 2 drops cinnamon bark vitality
- 1-2 drops ginger vitality
- 1 drop clove vitality
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a 8x8 inch baking dish with parchment paper.
- Make crust by adding oats to a blender (or food processor) and blend/mix until you reach the consistency of oat flour. If using raw almonds, mix them with the oats at this time.
- Add almond flour, sea salt, coconut sugar, and mix once more. Then add maple syrup and melted coconut oil and mix/pulse to combine. Depending on device, you may need to use a spoon to scrape around the edges to ensure the crust is completely mixed. If it feels or appears too dry, add more coconut oil.
- Add crust to the parchment lined baking dish and shake to evenly disperse, then lay down parchment paper on top and use a flat-bottomed object (such as a liquid measuring cup or drinking glass) and pressing down to pack the crust into place, making an even firmly packed layer
- Bake for 20 minutes then set aside to cool.
- In the meantime, add all filling ingredients to the blender (or food processor) and blend until smooth, scraping down sides as needed. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed, adding more maple syrup or coconut sugar for sweetness, or pumpkin pie spice for flavor. I also added a pinch of ground cinnamon. Set aside.
- Once the crust is baked, pour the filling into the crust and tap on counter to remove air bubbles. Bake for 50 minutes - 1 hour. The filling will still be just a big jiggly, dark orange in color and have some cracks on the top, this is normal.
- Remove from oven and let it cool completely before loosely covering with plastic wrap or foil and transferring to the fridge to fully set for 4-6 hours, preferably overnight.
- Once cooled, gently lift bars out of dish and slice into 9 bars.
- Serve with coconut whipped cream and an additional sprinkle of cinnamon, nutmeg and/or pumpkin pie spice (optional). Store leftovers in the fridge for up to 3 days, though best when fresh.