Cauliflower is a yummy vegetable that can be cooked in so many different ways. These are great for an afternoon treat or served as appetizers or a side dish at dinner.
Ingredients for the Cauliflower
- 1 large head organic cauliflower, cut into medium sized florets
- ¾ cup organic plain coconut or cashew yogurt
- 2 tbs olive oil or melted coconut oil
- 6 drops lemon essential oil (to taste)
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed or finely minced
- 1 tsp paprika or smokey paprika (to taste)
- 1 tsp cumin powder (to taste)
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp sea salt and freshly ground pepper (to taste)
- fresh parsley for garnish
Ingredients for Tzatziki Sauce
- 2 cups organic plain coconut or cashew yogurt
- ½ cup shredded or finely chopped organiccucumber
- 2 tbsp finely chopped dill and/or parsley
- ½ small red onion, finely chopped
- ½ tsp sea salt and freshly ground pepper (to taste)
- 4 drops lemon essential oil (to taste)
1. In a large bowl whisk together the all the marinade ingredients except the cauliflower until well combined. Then place the cauliflower in the bowl and gently mix until they are fully coat. Cover the bowl with a large plate and place in the fridge to marinate for 30 minutes to overnight.
2. When you are ready to bake the cauliflower, preheat oven to 225C and line a large baking tin or tray with baking. Then place the cauliflower on the tray evenly spaced leaving room between the florets so they cook on all sides. Bake for 40 minutes and carefully turn them over halfway through. For a crispy texture, you can even pop it in the air fryer and watch until golden.
3. While the cauliflower is baking make the tzatziki sauce by placing all the sauce ingredients in a medium bowl and mixing well. Taste the sauce and add a little more salt and/or lemon essential oil, if desired then chill until you are ready to serve.
4. When the cauliflower is ready place them on a platter, drizzle with some the sauce, sprinkle with chopped parsley. Place any remaining sauce in a little bowl and set on the platter.